Saturday, October 07, 2006

She is home!

We went to pick Grace up today. She travelled really well despite the fact we had very bad traffic caused by several accidents on the M6. It took us around two and a half hours to get home, and although she had sweated up, I think a lot of that was because she is a little woolly bear at the moment.

I got her to the yard and she did a lot of shouting. She unloaded well, but because she had been a bit unsure of the trailer at Jill’s (it can take them some time to get used to the way they have to turn) I remembered something Richard Maxwell said to me: “When you get to a show, you need to reload them so that they know that is what is expected of them when they are somewhere different.” So I reloaded her and she went straight in and turned even though she was in a new place, with a new person and new horses cantering over to see what was going on.

When she went in her new stable, she had a snort and a sniff, but was soon munching on her haylage. She was frightened of her automatic water feeder, so I went to try a bucket because I was a bit worried she was tucking up a little. She dipped her nose in the bucket but then went as dunked it in the water feeder!

After I left, I got a text message from a fellow livery saying Grace was whinnying like mad when I left… poor little girl. But at least she likes me!

I am going to nip back and check on her in a while, just to make sure she is ok.

Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of a lovely relationship between the two of us!

No comments: