Tuesday, February 06, 2007

We have booked our first Preliminary test




Grace and I went for another lesson at Jo Graham’s on Sunday, and had a fantastic lesson. As soon as we entered the arena she knew she had come to work. She was responsive, enthusiastic and looking for the contact immediately.

Jo said we looked like a real partnership rather than fighting each other, and she thought she was a very athletic young lady! However, she noticed that my position had suffered a little through concentrating so much on Grace. So my legs were put back, my chin lifted, and it was a much better picture.

We did quite a few straight sides off the track and loops in from the track to get her moving away from the leg and learning to go in a straight line on her own without me having to hold her on a line.
A gentleman who watched our previous lesson came up to me at the end and said it looked like a completely different rider and horse this week, and said I should be proud of all the work I had put into her.

It is our Spencer clinic tomorrow afternoon… the nerves are starting to jingle a little bit now!

No comments: